Health and Safety Guidelines
The health and safety of our guests, staff artists and volunteers is our top priority. The Sheldon is a proud Missouri ArtSafe certified venue.
As The Sheldon continues to monitor the regulations and recommendations set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the City of St. Louis regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, the following practices will be in place to ensure the health and wellness of The Sheldon’s patrons, artists and staff while attending concerts or gallery exhibits.
By attending an event at The Sheldon, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By entering The Sheldon, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold the Sheldon Arts Foundation, or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
Beginning March 22, 2022, masks are no longer required for concert-goers, gallery patrons, event attendees and staff. For the health and safety of patrons, volunteers, staff and artists, The Sheldon strongly recommends masking at all times, unless eating or drinking, especially for those who are unvaccinated.
- Mask and vaccination policies are subject to change at the request of the performer or event organizer. Please check the website for information about individual events.
- Ticket holders will be contacted directly if the policy for their event differs from general Sheldon policies.
Anyone aged 12 or older, attending a ticketed event at The Sheldon, will be asked to show proof of full vaccination* OR a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 48 hours before time of entry into the event. Patrons should be prepared to show their vaccination card, or proof of negative COVID test, or a photo of their vaccination card or test results on their mobile devices, before entering The Sheldon. Self-administered tests will not be accepted.
- All concert staff, ushers, bartenders, crew and artists will be required to show proof of vaccination, or provide a recent negative COVID test, as well.
- The Sheldon will also maintain a flexible ticket exchange policy throughout the season to accommodate any health and safety-related concerns
- The vaccination policy does not apply to the Sheldon Art Galleries (including “Golf the Galleries”), Sheldon Educational Programs or private events.
- This policy will be re-evaluated as vaccination and transmission rates change over the coming months.
* Must have received two doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines or a single dose of the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine more than 14 days before the concert.
New Covid-19 Testing Site with No Out-of-Pocket Cost is open to the public and will support the local arts community including artists, performers and patrons.
Located at 3526 Washington Ave. on the second floor, the testing site is open to the public and provides both antigen and PCR testing. The site accepts insurance, but for those without insurance, no one will be turned away.
The testing site will be open Monday-Sunday 9:30 a.m. -7:30 p.m. A local call center will be open Monday – Sunday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. at (314) 673-8309. For more information or to schedule an appointment, visit http://testing.nomihealth.com/signup/mo.
Located in the Grand Center Arts District of St. Louis and run by Nomi Health, with support from the Kranzberg Arts Foundation and Grand Center, Inc.
Ticket-holders still in need of vaccination can visit https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/covid-19/vaccine/ for information and to book their appointment today.
Visitor Experience and Arrival:
- In accordance with City of St. Louis guidelines, we require everyone over the age of 5 wear a mask.
- Visitors who do not feel well on the day of their visit are asked to return on a different day.
- All concert seating will be assigned in pods of up to four people. Groupings must be from the same household or quarantine group.
- Concert tickets will be sold online or via phone through MetroTix, and on a limited basis on the night of show if capacity allows.
- On-site box office and gallery welcome desk will be fitted with a plexiglass barrier.
- Tickets will be accounted for via contactless scanners, operated by volunteer ushers who will be required to wear masks and face shields.
- All bar sales will be limited to credit card payments only. No cash or check payments will be accepted. A plexiglass barrier will separate guests from staff.
- All interior doors will be propped open, including restrooms, where able.
- Social distancing will be encouraged with signage throughout The Sheldon. Floor markings will be used in high traffic areas such as restrooms and bar.
- No VIP or Meet & Greets will take place.
- No coat check will be available.
- Water fountains and public spaces not in use will be cordoned off from public access.
Staff, Musician & Vendor Guidelines:
- Musicians and artist teams will be required to follow COVID-19 safety procedures and protocols at all times, including using proper PPE at all times unless performing.
- Artists will be spaced at least 6 feet apart from each other, if not from the same household/quarantine group. Musicians will be spaced at least 12 feet from the nearest guest seating.
- All staff (including volunteer ushers) and vendors must clear the City of St. Louis “Health Question Checklist” and have a temperature check before they enter the building. If a temperature of 100.4 or over is registered, that person will not be allowed entry to the facility.
- Sheldon staff will be trained in safety and sanitation procedures.
- All staff will be required to wear masks when inside the building and in public spaces including inside the concert hall. PPE will be available to staff members who do not provide their own.
Cleaning and Sanitation:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures will be in place throughout public areas, including frequent sanitation of credit card terminals, hard surfaces such as table tops and counters, light switches, elevator buttons, bathroom faucets, sinks, toilets, door handles and push/pull bars, etc.
- HVAC system will turn over air inside concert hall every 9 minutes.
- Hand sanitizing stations with at least 70% alcohol formulas will be located throughout The Sheldon, including at arrival stations, box office, at the bar and in staff work areas.
- Increased cleaning during all events using CDC approved cleansers.