Health and Safety Guidelines
The health and safety of our guests, staff artists and volunteers is our top priority. The Sheldon is a proud Missouri ArtSafe certified venue.
As The Sheldon continues to monitor the regulations and recommendations set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the City of St. Louis regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, the following practices will be in place to ensure the health and wellness of The Sheldon’s patrons, artists and staff while attending concerts or gallery exhibits.
By attending an event at The Sheldon, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By entering The Sheldon, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold the Sheldon Arts Foundation, or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
Visitor Experience and Arrival:
- All staff and visitors age 2 and older will be required to wear masks throughout the performance; Masks will be provided for those who do not have one.
- Guests will be allowed to remove or lower their masks only when actively drinking. Masks MUST remain on throughout a performance or while viewing the galleries.
- Visitors who do not feel well on the day of their visit, or register a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher during the temperature check, will not be admitted and their ticket cost will be refunded.
- Capacity for concert events will be capped at less than 15% of full 732 capacity.
- All concert seating will be assigned in pods of up to four people. Groupings must be from the same household or quarantine group.
- Seating groups will be spaced at least 6 feet apart, and guests will be distanced at least 12 feet from the performers on stage.
- Concert tickets will be sold online or via phone through MetroTix, and on a limited basis on the night of show if capacity allows.
- On-site box office and gallery welcome desk will be fitted with a plexiglass barrier.
- Concert Hall doors will open one hour before each show and seating will begin immediately.
- No gathering will be allowed in public spaces such as the lobby, bar area and box office.
- Dedicated entrance and exit routes will be designated for, and communicated to, ticket buyers.
- Signage and an attendant will ensure that guests enter through the correct entrance.
- Shows will be limited to one set with no intermission.
- Tickets will be accounted for via contactless scanners, operated by volunteer ushers who will be required to wear masks and face shields.
- All bar sales will be limited to credit card payments only. No cash or check payments will be accepted. A plexiglass barrier will separate guests from staff.
- Restroom capacity will be limited to 5 people per room.
- Elevator capacity will be limited to 3 persons for our large freight elevator and 2 for our regular sized elevator. Capacity signs are listed both inside and outside of each. Guests will also be encouraged to bypass the elevators and take stairs if they are able.
- All interior doors will be propped open, including restrooms, where able.
- Social distancing will be encouraged with signage throughout The Sheldon. Floor markings will be used in high traffic areas such as restrooms and bar.
- No VIP or Meet & Greets will take place.
- No coat check will be available.
- Water fountains and public spaces not in use will be cordoned off from public access.
Staff, Musician & Vendor Guidelines:
- Musicians and artist teams will be required to follow COVID-19 safety procedures and protocols at all times, including using proper PPE at all times unless performing.
- Artists will be spaced at least 6 feet apart from each other, if not from the same household/quarantine group. Musicians will be spaced at least 12 feet from the nearest guest seating.
- All staff (including volunteer ushers) and vendors must clear the City of St. Louis “Health Question Checklist” and have a temperature check before they enter the building. If a temperature of 100.4 or over is registered, that person will not be allowed entry to the facility.
- Sheldon staff will be trained in safety and sanitation procedures.
- All staff will be required to wear masks when inside the building and in public spaces including inside the concert hall. PPE will be available to staff members who do not provide their own.
Cleaning and Sanitation:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures will be in place throughout public areas, including frequent sanitation of credit card terminals, hard surfaces such as table tops and counters, light switches, elevator buttons, bathroom faucets, sinks, toilets, door handles and push/pull bars, etc.
- HVAC system will turn over air inside concert hall every 9 minutes.
- Hand sanitizing stations with at least 70% alcohol formulas will be located throughout The Sheldon, including at arrival stations, box office, at the bar and in staff work areas.
- Increased cleaning during all events using CDC approved cleansers.