The non-profit Sheldon Arts Foundation is looking for an experienced, customer service oriented professional to assist with over 150 weddings, fundraisers, corporate, and community events that take place each year.
The Events Assistant should thrive in a fast-paced environment, be flexible enough to handle multiple and varied workloads, provide outstanding customer service, and be a positive support to the Events department.
This person should be able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure, have a strong attention to detail, and be a consummate professional.
• Demonstrate commitment to our organization’s vision, mission, and values
• Deliver excellent customer service
• Professionally respond to event inquiries, schedule appointments, host venue tours, and book venue
• Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction, addressing all needs in a timely manner
• Create timelines, floor plans, and sell additional services and upgrades
• Communicate and coordinate all event details to clients, vendors, and appropriate staff prior to the start of event
• Proactively handle any issues that arise and troubleshoot any emerging problems on day of event
• Supervise run of event
• Negotiate rental contracts and fees with
• Requires strong problem-solving skills
• Must occasionally assist with event set-up and tear down when needed, including moving tables, chairs, and décor items. Candidate must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently
• Requires strong attention to detail
• 2 -5 years of hospitality and sales experience is required
• 1-3 years of non-profit experience is preferred.
• Microsoft Office Suite proficiency in the latest versions is required
• Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to regular business hours
• Ideal candidate works well under pressure while maintaining composure and flexibility, has a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and will uphold venue policies and procedures when working with clients
• Must be willing to work in a fast-moving environment
• Ideal candidate must be able to work efficiently and professionally in a team environment but should also be comfortable working independently
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking, and proofreading skills, all with high professionalism and meticulousness
• A high level of decisiveness; good planning, problem-solving, and resourcefulness
• An understanding of non-profit organizational management
• Ability and experience handling confidential information
• Additional duties as assigned
Full Time: 35 Hours/week
Salary Range: $29,000 – $36,000, plus benefits. Frequent nights and weekends required at additional compensation.
Standard work week: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with frequent nights and weekends required.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Rachel Bolland, Director of Events. No phone calls, please.