The non-profit Sheldon Arts Foundation is looking for an experienced, customer service oriented professional to assist with over 150 weddings, fundraisers, corporate and community events that take place each year.
The Events Assistant should thrive in a fast-paced environment, be flexible enough to handle multiple and varied workloads, provide outstanding customer service, and be a positive support to the Events department. This person should be able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure, have a strong attention to detail and be a consummate professional.
- Demonstrate commitment to our organization’s vision, mission and values
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Professionally respond to event inquiries, schedule appointments, host venue tours and book venue
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction, addressing all needs in a timely manner
- Create timelines, floor plans and sell additional services and upgrades
- Communicate and coordinate all event details to clients, vendors and appropriate staff prior to the start of event
- Proactively handle any issues that arise and troubleshoot any emerging problems on day of event
- Supervise run of event
- Negotiate rental contracts and fees with clients
- Requires strong problem-solving skills
- Must occasionally assist with event set-up and tear down when needed, including moving tables, chairs and décor items.
- Candidate must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Acts independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Requires strong attention to detail
- 2 -5 years of hospitality and sales experience is required
- 1-3 years of non-profit experience is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency in the latest versions is required
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays in addition to regular business hours
- Ideal candidate works well under pressure while maintaining composure and flexibility, has a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and will uphold venue policies and procedures when working with clients
- Must be willing to work in a fast-moving environment
- Ideal candidate must be able to work efficiently and professionally in a team environment but should also be comfortable working independently.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking and proofreading skills, all with high professionalism and meticulousness
- A high level of decisiveness; good planning, problem-solving and resourcefulness
- An understanding of non-profit organizational management
- Ability and experience handling confidential information
- Additional duties as assigned
Full Time: 35 Hours/week, plus benefits. Standard work week: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with frequent nights and weekends required at additional compensation.
The Sheldon is an equal opportunity employer. People of Color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBT+ community and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Rachel Bolland, Director of Events, at the link below. No phone calls, please.
The Sheldon is looking for customer focused and detail-oriented individuals for event bartending shifts. Hosting over 350 events yearly, including concerts, weddings, galas and corporate events, The Sheldon remains a premier event venue in the St. Louis region. Applicants should have experience bartending in a fast-paced environment, and a general knowledge of mixology and commonly ordered beverages, while continuing to push the mission of Arts Without Borders.
- Welcome customers with a friendly and inviting style
- Select and mix ingredients, garnish glasses and serve beverages to customers
- Assess customer needs and preferences and make recommendations as necessary
- Check customer identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Adhere to all food and beverage safety and quality regulations
- Handle cash, credit and debit card transactions, ensuring all charges are accurate and cash register is balanced
- Maintain a clean work area
- Complete inventory at the end of each shift
- 21 years of age or older
- Ability to work, nights, weekends and holidays
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance.
- Basic math and point of sale skills
- Strong task and time management abilities
- Previous bartending or service experience
- Outstanding hospitality and customer service skills
- Ability to process and implement information quickly
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
All interested applicants should e-mail a resume and cover letter to Event Operations Manager, Jason Felders. No phone calls, please.