The non-profit Sheldon Arts Foundation is looking for an experienced, customer service oriented professional to assist with over 150 weddings, fundraisers, corporate, and community events that take place each year.
The Events Logistics Coordinator should thrive in a fast-paced environment, be flexible enough to handle multiple and varied workloads, provide outstanding customer service, and be a positive support to the Events department.
This person should be able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure, have a strong attention to detail, and be a consummate professional.
- Demonstrate commitment to our organization’s vision, mission and values
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Implement and set all floor plans according to each client’s specifications and Events team standards
- Tear down tables, chairs, etc. following each event and contact Clients for anything left behind for pickup
- Greet and help orient Clients to building the day of event
- Proactively handle any issues that arise and troubleshoot any emerging problems the day of event
- Liaise with vendors the day of each event to ensure all items are in place.
- Ensure all bar and kitchen furnishings are fully stocked, including barware, trash cans, recycle bins, hand sanitizer, etc.
- Create vendor and production timelines for each rental event
- Fulfill riders for artist hospitality for rental shows
- Professionally respond to event inquiries, schedule appointments, host venue tours and book venue
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction, addressing all needs in a timely manner
- Create timelines, floor plans, and sell additional services and upgrades
- Supervise run of event
- Negotiate rental contracts and fees with Clients
- Requires strong problem-solving skills
- Must set up and tear down tables and chairs for each rental event, including moving tables, chairs, and décor items. Candidate must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Requires strong attention to detail
- 1-3 years of hospitality and sales experience is required
- 1-3 years of non-profit experience is preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency in the latest versions is required
- Ideal candidate works well under pressure while maintaining composure and flexibility, has a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and will uphold venue policies and procedures when working with clients
- Must be willing to work in a fast-moving environment
- Ideal candidate must be able to work efficiently and professionally in a team environment but should also be comfortable working independently
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking and proofreading skills, all with high professionalism and meticulousness
- A high level of decisiveness; good planning, problem-solving and resourcefulness
- An understanding of non-profit organizational management
- Ability and experience handling confidential information
- Must be willing to help with minor clean up as necessary for the good of the Event
- Additional duties as assigned
Full Time: 35 Hours/week
Salary Range: $29,000 – $33,000, plus benefits. Additional compensation available on a per shift basis for events worked.
Standard work week: Tuesday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Rachel Bolland, Director of Events. No phone calls, please.
The Sheldon Concert Hall and Art Galleries relies on its Facilities Maintenance and Custodial Staff Members to keep the historic building working and looking its best. The Facilities Assistant is a key member of the team and reports directly to the Building Operations Manager. This is a full-time position with variable hours including the expectation of availability on most weekends.
- Assist with making and maintaining monthly maintenance schedules and workload planning.
- Communicate building needs to the Operations Manager or to Deputy Director of The Sheldon.
- Ensure that the physical appearance and general cleanliness of the Sheldon’s interior and exterior grounds look exceptional each day.
- Provide maintenance on broken items, equipment and anything in the Sheldon that is in disrepair.
- Display a willingness and flexibility to perform additional tasks not specified in this description depending on daily priorities, and/or as needed by the Galleries, Operations, Events, and Facilities Staff.
- This Position will eventually require Facility Assistant to know, understand and be able to trouble shoot all systems including but not limited to HVAC, Fire Alarm, Burglar Alarm and Exterior Lighting to cover for the Building Operation Manager in their absence.
- Availability for early arrivals to meet with contractors or vendors to give them building access.
Specific Facilities Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary point of contact in absence of Building Operations Manager.
- Assists in maintaining stock of all maintenance, operational and cleaning supplies.
- Weekly cleaning of all restrooms; daily cleaning as needed depending on events.
- Daily monitoring of exterior spaces including landscaping, sidewalks, stairs, etc.
- Daily cleaning of concert hall/ballrooms/galleries following events to ensure all debris from previous evening has been removed from these spaces and all areas are clutter free, clean and ready for tours with potential clients.
- Washing of windows.
- Regular vacuuming of offices / cleaning of carpet as needed.
- Mopping (wet, dry & auto scrubbing) of main stage, Green Room and other hard floors that get disinfected a minimum of 3 times a week.
- Painting / light drywall patching and basic plumbing, electrical & carpentry repair.
- Additional needs associated with general upkeep of facilities and grounds as needed.
Specific Event Setup Responsibilities:
- Set up tables, chairs, removal and installation of dance floor and stages to meet function specifications.
- Properly clean meeting and event spaces prior to rental department setups.
- Pickup/delivery of last-minute items, rental equipment, and rental vehicles as needed.
- Weekend shifts are required when cleaning is needed between events or deadlines need to be met.
- Sanitizing spaces and providing PPE items for Staff and Guests.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Not adverse to loud noise.
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder or personnel lift.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Aid other departments & Staff Members as needed.
- Available to work nights and weekends
Pay and Benefits:
- This is an hourly position with a pay rate expected to be between $16 and $18 per hour with overtime pay after 40 hours.
- Attractive benefit package that included health insurance, vacation pay and retirement match.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Mr. Michael Murphy, Building Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.