The Sheldon Concert Hall and Art Galleries relies on its Facilities Maintenance and Custodial Staff Members to keep the historic building working and looking its best. The Facilities Assistant is a key member of the team and reports directly to the Building Operations Manager. This is a full-time position with variable hours including the expectation of availability on most weekends.
- Assist with making and maintaining monthly maintenance schedules and workload planning.
- Communicate building needs to the Operations Manager or to Deputy Director of The Sheldon.
- Ensure that the physical appearance and general cleanliness of the Sheldon’s interior and exterior grounds look exceptional each day.
- Provide maintenance on broken items, equipment and anything in the Sheldon that is in disrepair.
- Display a willingness and flexibility to perform additional tasks not specified in this description depending on daily priorities, and/or as needed by the Galleries, Operations, Events, and Facilities Staff.
- This Position will eventually require Facility Assistant to know, understand and be able to trouble shoot all systems including but not limited to HVAC, Fire Alarm, Burglar Alarm and Exterior Lighting to cover for the Building Operation Manager in their absence.
- Availability for early arrivals to meet with contractors or vendors to give them building access.
Specific Facilities Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary point of contact in absence of Building Operations Manager.
- Assists in maintaining stock of all maintenance, operational and cleaning supplies.
- Weekly cleaning of all restrooms; daily cleaning as needed depending on events.
- Daily monitoring of exterior spaces including landscaping, sidewalks, stairs, etc.
- Daily cleaning of concert hall/ballrooms/galleries following events to ensure all debris from previous evening has been removed from these spaces and all areas are clutter free, clean and ready for tours with potential clients.
- Washing of windows.
- Regular vacuuming of offices / cleaning of carpet as needed.
- Mopping (wet, dry & auto scrubbing) of main stage, Green Room and other hard floors that get disinfected a minimum of 3 times a week.
- Painting / light drywall patching and basic plumbing, electrical & carpentry repair.
- Additional needs associated with general upkeep of facilities and grounds as needed.
Specific Event Setup Responsibilities:
- Set up tables, chairs, removal and installation of dance floor and stages to meet function specifications.
- Properly clean meeting and event spaces prior to rental department setups.
- Pickup/delivery of last-minute items, rental equipment, and rental vehicles as needed.
- Weekend shifts are required when cleaning is needed between events or deadlines need to be met.
- Sanitizing spaces and providing PPE items for Staff and Guests.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Not adverse to loud noise.
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder or personnel lift.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Aid other departments & Staff Members as needed.
- Available to work nights and weekends
Pay and Benefits:
- This is an hourly position with a pay rate expected to be between $16 and $18 per hour with overtime pay after 40 hours.
- Attractive benefit package that included health insurance, vacation pay and retirement match.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Mr. Michael Murphy, Building Operations Manager, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Reporting to: Chris Peimann, Director of Advancement
The Sheldon seeks an enthusiastic Guest Services Manager to serve as the primary point of contact for patrons and customers attending events at The Sheldon’s historic concert hall, galleries and event spaces. The Guest Services Manager organizes and administers the ticket sales and box office operations for all ticketed Sheldon events and plays an integral role in helping to implement marketing strategies as a part of The Sheldon’s Advancement Department.
- Work closely with our ticketing partners at MetroTix to set-up and maintain all ticketed events at The Sheldon (an average of 120 events per year), including events booked by outside rental clients, promoters and organizations.
- Support Marketing Manager in the creation and implementation of yearly subscription and single ticket campaigns, providing a high-level of customer service to a wide-ranging customer base.
- Process single and season ticket orders over the phone and at the box office, and monitor and process online subscription orders.
- Produce financial reports tracking ticket sales and projections.
- Act as primary liaison with rental promoters, clearly communicating box office policies and costs, and working with them throughout the event process to schedule pre-sale and on-sale dates, manage holds and pre-boxed tickets, arrange night-of event box office support and process ticket settlements post-event.
- Process and manage phone, e-mail and mail orders for Sheldon Educational Concerts (an average of 50 events per year).
- Serve as Group Sales Manager, providing high-level customer service to group leaders throughout a process that includes contracting, holding and processing group tickets. Act as ticket concierge for groups on-site at events.
- Answer phones and emails, responding to customer event and ticket questions, including accessible seating and parking inquiries.
- Work closely with Development staff to manage sponsor, patron and donor tickets for Sheldon events and fundraisers, such as twice-yearly Friends of The Sheldon benefits and The Sheldon’s annual Gala.
- Staff the box office for ticketed performances, on a rotating basis with other marketing and box office staff.
- Work with House Managers and Ushers to address any ticketing issues at the performance.
- Fulfill ticket donation requests from outside organizations.
- Work with Advancement Director and Marketing Manager to implement tactics to effectively advertise, promote and publicize Sheldon events.
- Update and maintain online event calendars.
- Work with Marketing team to ensure Sheldon website is current.
- Work with Annual Fund and Data Manager to maintain and enter ticket buyer records in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Develop evaluation initiatives to target and refine communications strategies, understand and improve audience experiences, and measure the impact and outcomes of projects in support of Sheldon goals.
- Monitor industry trends and best practices to ensure The Sheldon’s strategies are relevant and effective.
- Ensure marketing materials at internal literature distribution points are filled and up-to-date before events.
- Work with Finance department to reconcile monthly ticket sales and fees.
- Report quarterly licensing fees to BMI and ASCAP
– Must be an excellent customer service professional, comfortable working with a wide range of constituents, including ticket buyers of all levels, board members, event promoters, group leaders, teachers, fellow staff members and the general public.
– Must be professional, effective and courteous communicator via the phone, e-mail and in person and able to interact with a full spectrum of personalities with compassion and humor.
– Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
– Must be a self-starter, capable of working independently without constant direction.
– Must possess passion and enthusiasm for music and art, and believe in the importance of arts and culture in our community.
– Computer literacy is necessary, including use of standard Microsoft Office products. Experience with MetroTix or Paciolan ticketing systems is an advantage. Familiarity with graphic design products (Adobe Creative Suite) is a bonus, but not required.
– Knowledge of and interest in social media platforms preferred.
Three-five years experience working in a box office or other fast-paced customer service environment, and experience in performing arts or entertainment, with knowledge of marketing, ticket sales and event procedures preferred.
Terms of Employment:
- Full time, 35-hour work week plus frequent nights and weekends. Competitive benefits package includes health insurance, retirement match and vacation.
- Salary range: $36,000 – $38,000
- The Sheldon is an equal opportunity employer. People of Color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LBGTQ+ community and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Ms. Chris Peimann, Director of Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.