The Sheldon is looking for customer focused and detail-oriented individuals for event bartending shifts. Hosting over 350 events yearly, including concerts, weddings, galas and corporate events, The Sheldon remains a premier event venue in the St. Louis region. Applicants should have experience bartending in a fast-paced environment, and a general knowledge of mixology and commonly ordered beverages, while continuing to push the mission of Arts Without Borders.
- Welcome customers with a friendly and inviting style
- Select and mix ingredients, garnish glasses and serve beverages to customers
- Assess customer needs and preferences and make recommendations as necessary
- Check customer identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Adhere to all food and beverage safety and quality regulations
- Handle cash, credit and debit card transactions, ensuring all charges are accurate and cash register is balanced
- Maintain a clean work area
- Complete inventory at the end of each shift
- 21 years of age or older
- Ability to work, nights, weekends and holidays
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance.
- Basic math and point of sale skills
- Strong task and time management abilities
- Previous bartending or service experience
- Outstanding hospitality and customer service skills
- Ability to process and implement information quickly
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
All interested applicants should e-mail a resume and cover letter to Event Operations Manager, Megan Dougherty. No phone calls, please.