Volunteer at The Sheldon
The Sheldon Volunteer Program
The Sheldon’s Volunteers provide a welcoming, hospitable environment for all visitors and guests. Our team of volunteers are enthusiastic, passionate and have strong communication skills. These devoted volunteers are great lovers of art, music, and have a commitment to sharing that passion with our community.
Volunteers will work in all areas of The Sheldon including the lobbies, concert hall, galleries, and atrium. We offer the opportunity to participate in our Concert Hall Program or our Gallery Docent Program, or choosing to be a part of both programs.
• Must be age 18 or older
• Must have a valid email address.
• Enjoy interacting with people and strong communication skills.
• Commit to volunteering for one full season, September – June.
• Attend a mandatory training session once a year.
• Physically able to climb stairs, lead guests to their seat, and stand for long periods of time.
• Able to work in a loud environment and navigate in dimly lit hall.
• Wear the assigned usher uniform.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
1. Fill out the following application.
2. Complete a phone interview.
3. Attend a mandatory training session.