Join us for these casual, outdoor concerts on The Sheldon’s elegant Steward Family Plaza! Enjoy live music by some of St. Louis’ best musicians, while enjoying a boxed fried chicken or vegetarian picnic dinner and drinks at socially-distanced tables of 2-4 people.
Tables will be sold for up to 2 or 4 guests from the same family or quarantine group and capacity is limited to 32 guests per concert. An optional picnic dinner and bottles of wine may be purchased along with your concert ticket. Picnics must be ordered by noon on Wednesday, September 16.
Drinks may also be purchased on-site. No outside food or beverages, please. Advance registration is required. No tables will be sold on the night of the event. Guests ages 9 and above are required wearing face masks at all times except when seated at their reserved tables.
Rain date: September 20
Vocalist, bassist, composer and songwriter Janet Evra performs on premier stages across the U.S. and Europe, blending traditional bossa nova, samba and Latin jazz with a modern twist, performing songs in English, Portuguese, Spanish and French.
Picnic by Butler’s Pantry:
Marinated Cucumber Salad
Strawberry Gooey Butter
Farm Stand Vegetables
Strawberry Gooey Butter
- The events will take place outdoors on The Sheldon’s Steward Family Plaza. Capacity for the events will be capped at twelve seated tables at 6′ apart, for 2-4 guests each, for a total of 32 people.
- Guests ages 9 and above are required wearing face masks at all times except when seated at their reserved tables. Masks will be provided for those who do not have one. Face shields will also be available for those who are unable to wear masks.
- Guests will be allowed to remove or lower their masks/face coverings when drinking or eating at their tables.
- Tables will be assigned. Groupings must be from the same household or quarantine group.
- Tables will be spaced at least 6 feet apart, and musicians will be distanced at least 12 feet from the nearest table.
- Advanced reservations are required.
- Guests will check in with Sheldon staff at an outdoor table, fitted with a plexiglass barrier. Guests who ordered dinners will pick up their meals at the registration table upon check in. All food will be pre-paid, boxed meals provided by a licensed caterer and distributed upon check in by Sheldon staff wearing clean gloves and masks, and in a “no-contact” transfer, ie. placing items down on a table for guest to pick up.
- A bar will be situated just inside The Sheldon’s Emerson Entrance. A plexiglass barrier will separate guests from staff, and all bar sales will be limited to credit card payments only. No cash or check payments will be accepted.
- For restroom access, guests will be directed to dedicated entrance and exit routes at the street level entrance of The Sheldon’s Emerson Galleries building.
- Elevator capacity is 3 persons for our large freight elevator and 2 for our regular sized elevator. Capacity signs are listed both inside and outside of each. Guests will also be encouraged to bypass the elevators and take stairs if they are able.
- Guests will affirm basic wellness on the day of their visit, including confirmation that:
- They have not come into contact with, been exposed to, or been quarantined with anyone or is suspected of being exposed to COVID-19 in the past two weeks.
- They are not experiencing symptoms of cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of taste of smell.
- Visitors who express to us that they do not feel well on the day of their visit will be isolated in a dressing room and have their temperature taken. If they register 100.4 degrees or higher during the temperature check, will be asked to leave and consult with their physician on next steps.
- All interior doors will be propped open, including restrooms where able.
- Social distancing will be encouraged with signage throughout The Sheldon and plaza. Floor markings will be used at high traffic areas such as restrooms and bar.
- All food will be pre-paid, boxed meals provided by a licensed caterer and distributed upon check in by Sheldon staff wearing clean gloves and masks, and in a “no-contact” transfer, ie. placing items down on a table for guest to pick up.
- All service ware for food or beverage will be disposable/one-time use.
- Plexiglass will be mounted at each bar between guests and bar/serving staff.
- All beverage items will be served in individual portions by a Sheldon employee. All garnishes and stirring straws will be discontinued.
- No plate, vessel or glass will be reused or refilled.
Cleaning and Sanitation:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures will be in place throughout the evening in public areas, including frequent sanitation of credit card terminals, hard surfaces such as table tops and counters, light switches, elevator buttons, bathroom faucets, sinks, toilets, door handles and push/pull bars, etc.
- Hand sanitizing stations with at least 70% alcohol formulas will be located throughout The Sheldon, including at arrival sign-in, at the bar and in staff work areas.
- Increased cleaning during all events using CDC approved cleansers.
- Water fountains will be closed and public spaces not in use will be cordoned off from public access.
- Staff will be trained in safety and sanitation procedures.