Join us at Camp SOLID (Science of Learning Instrument Design), a day full of fun STEAM activities for students grades 3 through 5!
Campers will learn about the science of sound, with live music and science experiments on the concert hall stage, then create their own unique sound device from recycled materials. At the end of the day, students will demonstrate their sound device on stage at The Sheldon!
Students will work with professionals in science and the arts from the Saint Louis Science Center and The Sheldon.
Lunch is included in the registration fee.
Before and after care is available for an extra fee (beginning at 7 a.m. and ending at 6 p.m.)
To ensure everyone’s safety, enrollment is limited to 20 campers per day, and masks are required for students and staff.
Recommended Grade Level: 3rd – 5th
$55 for camp only
$75 if before and/or after care is needed.
If you are in need of financial assistance please contact Sheldon Education Manager Katelyn Galenski.
Register now! Space is limited to 20 campers per day!
Visitor Experience and Arrival:
- All campers will be required to wear masks unless actively eating or drinking. Masks will be provided for those who do not have one.
- Upon arrival, campers will undergo temperature checks and will affirm basic wellness on the day of their visit, including confirmation that:
- They have not come into contact with, been exposed to, or been quarantined with anyone or is suspected of being exposed to COVID-19 in the past two weeks.
- They are not experiencing symptoms of cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of taste or smell.
- Campers who do not feel well on the day of their visit, or register a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher during the temperature check, will not be admitted and their ticket cost will be refunded.
- Capacity will be capped at 20 campers per day.
- Seating will be spaced at least 6 feet apart, and campers will be distanced at least 12 feet from the performers on stage.
- Restroom capacity will be limited to 5 people per room.
- Elevator capacity will be limited to 3 persons for our large freight elevator and 2 for our regular sized elevator. Campers will also be encouraged to bypass the elevators and take stairs if they are able.
- All interior doors will be propped open, including restrooms, where able.
- Social distancing will be encouraged with signage throughout The Sheldon. Floor markings will be used in high traffic areas such as restrooms.
- Water fountains and public spaces not in use will be cordoned off from public access.
Staff, Artist & Vendor Guidelines:
- Musicians and presenters will be required to follow COVID-19 safety procedures and protocols at all times, including using proper PPE at all times unless performing.
- Musicians and presenters will be spaced at least 12 feet from the nearest guest seating.
- All staff (including volunteer ushers) and vendors must clear the City of St. Louis “Health Question Checklist” and have a temperature check before they enter the building. If a temperature of 100.4 or over is registered, that person will not be allowed entry to the facility.
- Sheldon staff will be trained in safety and sanitation procedures.
- All staff will be required to wear masks when inside the building and in public spaces including inside the concert hall. PPE will be available to staff members who do not provide their own.
Cleaning and Sanitation:
- We are pleased to announce the installation of MERV13 filters throughout The Sheldon. In addition, the HVAC system turns the air over in the concert hall every 9 minutes.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures will be in place throughout public areas, including frequent sanitation of credit card terminals, hard surfaces such as table tops and counters, light switches, elevator buttons, bathroom faucets, sinks, toilets, door handles and push/pull bars, etc.
- HVAC system will turn over air inside concert hall every 9 minutes.
- Hand sanitizing stations with at least 70% alcohol formulas will be located throughout The Sheldon and made readily available to campers.
- Increased cleaning during all events using CDC approved cleansers.
Can’t attend this date? Check out the other available date below.
PLAN YOUR VISIT