Open Call for The Sheldon and HEAL Center for the Art’s North County Big Band is September 20 from 5 – 7 p.m.
Students should prepare jazz repertoire that demonstrates their ability to read music and improvise. All-State audition repertoire is suggested. All levels are encouraged to audition.
If you are a high school student who has access to an instrument an interest in jazz performance, we want to hear from you!
- Foster your natural talent and love of jazz
- Rehearse at The Sheldon Monday nights from 5-8 p.m.
- Perform on stage at The Sheldon and throughout the community
- Participate in masterclasses with touring guest artists
- Food and transportation provided for rehearsals and concerts
Led by Harvey Lockhart, Director of Music Programs at Cardinal Ritter College Prep High School, The Sheldon and HEAL Center for the Arts’ North County Big Band is made up of some of the most talented and dedicated students from several St. Louis area schools. 2021 marks the band’s seventh season, with coaching provided by leading educators and musicians.